Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:26:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal@...l.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: CarolinaCon-7 - Apr 29th thru May 1st 2011 -
	Raleigh NC

We're baaaaaaack!!!  CarolinaCon-7 will be held on April 29th thru May 1st
2011 in Raleigh NC.  For the cheap price of your average movie admission
with popcorn and a drink ($20) YOU could get a full weekend of the
following instead.

ESTEEEMED PRESENTERS / FASCINATING TALKS:

- sec0ps - The Failure that is Penetration Testing
- Gerry Brunelle - Dissecting the Hack: Malware Analysis 101
- G. Mark Hardy - Tales from the Crypto
- Deral Heiland - If you Own a Multi-Function Printer then I Own You
- Chris Teodorski - Fun with SSH Honeypotting
- Lisa Lorenzin - Security Lessons from Cracking Enigma
- Thomas Holt - Do Personality Traits Increase the Likelihood that You
will Hack?
- Dr. Tran - How to Own and Protect Your Office Space
- Omar Santos - Current and Future Trends in Cybercrime and Exploitation
- mjg - Yara and Python: The Malware Detection Dynamic Duo
- Branson Matheson - TTL of a Penetration
- Nick Fury - Serial Killers: USB as an Attack Vector
- Justin Troutman - Mackerel: A Progressive School of Cryptographic
Thought
- Ryan Linn - PIG: Finding Truffles without Leaving a Trace
- purehate - Why your Password Policy Sucks
- ronin - Hack from a Library with Katana
- Adam Drew - Music and Audio Production with FOSS
- Jordan Sissel - logstash: Open Source Log and Event Management

MEGA-FUN SIDE EVENTS:

- Lockpicking Village
- Capture The Flag (CTF)
- Hacker Trivia
- Hacker Movie Screenings
- Unofficial CarolinaCon Shoot
- and more!!!

CarolinaCon proceedings will run;
- 7pm to 11pm on Friday
- 10am to 11pm on Saturday
- 10am to 6pm on Sunday

If you're traveling and wish to stay at the Con hotel here is the direct
link to the special conference group rate ($69):
http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&regionCode=1&localeCode=en&GPC=CCG&hotelCode=RDUCV&_PMID=99801505
Shorter link version:
http://bit.ly/fV9pq1

For all the exciting details as they develop (and as our webmaster gets to
them) stay tuned to;
http://www.carolinacon.org

Peace,
Vic