Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 06:33:49 -0600
From: <ctruncer@...istophertruncer.com>
To: <nix@...roxylists.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Facebook

According to ArsTechnica, Facebook's DMCA takedown process seems to have
some issues as well.

They mentioned that there is essentially no "burden of proof" put on the
individual/company making the claim that someone else is somehow infringing
their IP.  They said someone sent a notice in, and ArsTechnica's facebook
page was taken down without any investigation.  It seems if this happens,
your basically screwed if you aren't Arstechnica, or some other big name
person/company as it took Facebook a while to respond to their requests for
information.

So basically if you want to do a facebook profile DOS to someone (this
being inferred from the article), just write facebook and say that the
target has infringing material on their profile, facebook takes it down
without an investigation, and it would be fairly tough to get it back.

Chris

<http://exit.gulli.com/url/http://info.publicintelligence.net/Facebook2010.pdf>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act