Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 21:38:49 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: "Shyaam" <shyaam@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: IL and XSS vulnerabilities in multiple themes
	for WordPress

Hi Shyaam!

Yes, developers should not pushed such vulns in the final code - not
mistakenly, not intentionally.

> In this case: the very name test.php

Such things happens and I also saw many times when particularly admins of
web sites or web developers (such as design studios) mistakenly left such
files as test.php (with phpinfo) at working web sites. But it's about
unintentional cases.

This is exactly intentional case. Developers of WooThemes intentionally
added this test.php file with holes into their commercial themes to allow
users of their themes to make "debugging". I.e. they have added additional
(and holed) feature and did it officially (because it's mentioned in
changelog) many years ago into many if not all their themes.

As it can be found in changelog for Live Wire
(http://demo.woothemes.com/wp-content/themes/livewire/changelog.txt) and
many other themes. Here is a quote:

2008.08.06 - Version 1.1

* includes/test.php - Added phpinfo() file for debugging resizer on buggy
hosts

So from 2008 in this and many other (if not all) their themes there is such
additional feature - with Information Leakage and Cross-Site Scripting
holes, in addition to all those holes which I wrote earlier. After I've
found this information in changelog, I saw that it's intentional. And it's
not first case when I see some web developers intentionally adding
php-scripts with phpinfo - and adding IL and XSS holes - it's because they
are not aware about the risks.

WooThemes themes are commercial ones, so I've not bought any of them and I'm
not using them. And like in case of previous holes in 89 their themes, I've
found these holes on sites in Internet (in those indexed by Google). I've
found only 15 affected themes from all WooThemes WordPress themes - only in
those which were indexed by Google - and there can be other their themes
with these vulnerabilities.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site