Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:45:19 +1000
From: Ray Jertop <seclists@...sievapers.com>
To: SMiller@...min.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: xp sp3 remote bof [from FD digest 76:33]

Hi,

I would think that the behaviour is slightly odd.

His first communication started out giving the impression that his intention was to responsibly disclose the issue
to the affected vendor but that he was simply unaware as to how to do so and would simply like instruction on the
best method. Overall the tone was that of a responsible disclosure.

After some rather helpful information we now come full circle and its all about the "value" of the exploit, and yes I
understand that exploits are valuable to many for many reasons but in that case you should already know it and
what kind of purpose such an exploit could have for you.

How about the value in helping the vendor to secure such an exploit? How about the value received from helping
to close one more malicious avenue that while it may not have a huge and immediate effect helps in its own way?
It seems a character change once money enters the picture is all too quick these days.

Why the need to hide the obvious intent I wonder, worried about the response?

What do I know though. Im new here.

Regards,
Jay Porter