Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:26:50 -0700
From: Tim <tim-security@...tinelchicken.org>
To: Abdelkader Boudih <terminale@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Encrypted files and the 5th amendment

> Why everybody must cares about the American Constitution, as far as i
> know this apply to it's citizen only and the rest of the world is not
> protected!

Actually, it would apply to anyone traveling to the US, not just
citizens.

> I don't understand why we all should respect it while USA
> never respect the other constitutions!

I'm not trying to imply you should.  The original poster brought up
the specific topic of the US 5th ammendment.

> If i decide to encrypt my data
> and forget the password, how they could force me to decrypt it! I
> recently found a 234mb encrypted truecrypt file in my HD, i don't even
> remember what and when i created it and which keyfile i used!

That seems to be an open question in the US law.  Feel free to bring
up issues related to the same topic in your country.  I'm sure many
others have even more draconian laws in place related to encryption.

tim