Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:34:53 +0100
From: Context IS - Disclosure <disclosure@...textis.co.uk>
To: "Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	"webappsec@...urityfocus.com" <webappsec@...urityfocus.com>,
	"owasp-all@...ts.owasp.org" <owasp-all@...ts.owasp.org>,
	"websecurity@...appsec.org" <websecurity@...appsec.org>
Subject: Re: CAT Version 1 Released - Web App Testing Tool

Under native Windows, CAT will only use IE to render the HTML.  I can see your point as to why you might not want to use IE and I will look into adding in a Gecko rendering option for the next version.

Under Mono it uses the Mono provided WebBrowser control, which rendering engine is used depends on the operating system's configuration e.g. Gecko or WebKit.  For more details see:
http://www.mono-project.com/WebBrowser

The license can be see here:
http://www.contextis.co.uk/resources/tools/cat/download/Cat_EULA.txt

Cheers,