Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:54:53 +1000
From: "-= Glowing Sex =-" <doomxd@...il.com>
To: nix@...roxylists.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Apache Killer

Yea, i think only way to get around it is to upgrade httpd versions.. I
tried it on freeBSD8.2 standard default settings and httpd devel and that
seems fine, even standard httpd alone on another box, again running 8.2, is
fine.
Some boxes also seem to only consume ram, when it is swap that is the real
killer... it also is not possible to b stopped with apache commands, once
the box starts tipping, you must killall -9 httpd , just to stop the box
from tipping over, this is when the script is execd against it in testing,
we were able to only stop it that way, on a badly affected httpd.
I still wish apache.org would at the least release some form of advisory for
this and help for some people who dislike upgrades :s like bosses with small
pockets ;p
cheers
xd

Content of type "text/html" skipped