Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:11:35 -0400
From: "Mr. Hinky Dink" <dink@...inkydink.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: China - the land of open proxies

In July, hundreds of Chinese proxies on port 8909 started showing up
every day on public proxy lists.  In August the daily numbers were in
the thousands.

Here is the list I collected during that period.  There are >135K
proxies in this file (text, tab delimited, ~8 megs).

http://www.mrhinkydink.com/utmods/135k.txt

You may want to right-click and "save as".  This is offered as data you
may be able to use for forensic purposes or router block lists.  Most of
these proxies are currently offline.  When they are online, they're very
good proxies.

I believe this is similar to the PPLiveVA issue with TCP port 9415 that
I noted back in April.

http://mrhinkydink.blogspot.com/2011/04/insecure-defaults-in-ppliveav-client.html

New port 9415 proxies stopped showing up on proxy lists when 8909 began
to take over, which leads me to believe this is the hot new media client
(either Youku or QQ) in Chinese-speaking countries.

--Mr. Hinky Dink

walk like a mannequin
roll like a tyre
act on reaction