Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 23:49:31 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: "Ivan Carlos" <icarlos@...rlos.net>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilities in GlobalWoW

Hello Ivan!

I see you didn't read my last year's advisories about different vulnerable
applications with CaptchaSecurityImages.php. That time I gave many other
examples of web applications made for WoW. GlobalWoW is one from many such
webapps (and one of many vulnerable servers for WoW). E.g., there is a
Project MANGOS - free and open source World of Warcraft server. And there
are vulnerable webapps, such as MiniManager for Project MANGOS, Land of
Legends Manager, WoWCrackz MaNGOS and others, which I wrote about last year
(http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2010-April/074079.html).

I don't tell you how much it is legal or illegal. I'm not playing in World
of Warcraft and was not aware about existence of any non-official servers
(not from Blizzard), before in 2010 I started looking for other webapps with
this captcha script and found a lot of WoW servers among them. So question
about legality should go to the developers of them and to hosters (such as
Assembla and SourceForge), which host source codes of these servers.

> Reporting vulns on counterfeit applications is useless.

All applications deserve to have disclosures about vulnerabilities in
them - without exceptions. And in all cases with CaptchaSecurityImages.php I
was taking about free open source webapps which are publicly hosting in
Internet (and I also know about commercial webapps with this vulnerable
script). Concerning legality aspects should worry developers and hosters -
Assembla and SourceForge should know what they are hosting and if they host
such software for many years, then it looks like they consider it as legal.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua