Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 11:15:50 +1000
From: GloW - XD <doomxd@...il.com>
To: Mario Vilas <mvilas@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Cybsec Advisory 2011 0901 Windows Script Host
 DLL Hijacking

I must agree, considering i have yet to see it used in even botnet circles,
who would surely have used a decent local exploit if it was 'decent'... I
know this dll hijacking, has gone unpassed to the community in general
because of its useless ness.
I agree completely, i never have seen this actively exploited, nor part of a
decent framework where it can be used in a remote or local session
Basically, it is something to wich i read the PDF on, and thought "here is
the most useless 'exploit' as it was being called , i have ever, laid eyes
on" , my opinion still has yet to be changed by any factor, there could be
many factors, ie: exploitation even in the wild reported, or just someone
saying "hey dont forget blah.c!" , but this aint happened, nor will... "hey
wanna read msdn and look and see how a lib is loaded" would make more sense.
I still dont see anything 'good' in this whole fiasco of the dll hijacking.
no active code/poc. etc etc etc.... as i said, many factors id reconsider my
stance on...
anyhow, enjoyable topic.
xd

Content of type "text/html" skipped