Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:33:59 +0530
From: Madhur Ahuja <ahuja.madhur@...il.com>
To: "dink@...inkydink.com" <dink@...inkydink.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: XSS Vulnerability in www.emerson.com

The URL is publically visible in address bar if you open the site on Chrome.
Not sure how are you categorizing it as "no one knows the url"

Try the "Email this Article" link on the page below:

http://www.emerson.com/en-US/newsroom/news-releases/emerson-financial-news/Pages/Emerson-to-Sell-Heating-Products-Business.aspx

Madhur

On Monday, September 5, 2011, Mr. Hinky Dink wrote:

> That... ahem... particular company has had that particular page
> (/MCS/email.apsx) in one form or another for a long time, since the late
> 90s at least, when it was a cgi app.
>
> IIRC, at one time you could SPAM anyone through it, but they learned
> their lesson and now you can only SPAM the company's employees.
> Considering the business they're in (think "SCADA" related) this could
> be a Bad Thing.  The XSS is just the icing on the cake.
>
> I find it interesting that they "upgraded" it to SharePoint.
>
> It's an in-house app, one of several.  I believe the security model used
> to be "no one knows the URL".
>
> I'm guessing you're a contractor for that particular company because,
> after all, no one knows the URL.
>
> On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 02:00 +0530, Madhur Ahuja wrote:
> > One of the pages in Emerson site are rendering the query string
> > parameter without any inspection. This makes it possible to inject
> > malicious content as shown below:
> >

> > http://www.emerson.com/_layouts/MCS/Email.aspx?Title=%3Cimg%
> > 20src='
> http://www.emerson.com/SiteCollectionImages/local/united-states/english/fastpath/INBDB%2020110225.jpg'%3E