Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:43:25 +0100
From: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure@...il.com>
To: secn3t@...il.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Apache 2.2.17 exploit?

Adam, thanks for the tip on Codepad, I am very grateful.

Is there actually a non backdoored variant of said code? I have not seen any
CVE mentioning that exploit so I was naturally wondering.

Also, pastebin/pastee based bots (those scanner kits especially) are not too
uncommon, I have found more than a few.

I was working on dissecting "kanbe.tar.gz" from madirish.net when my
hardware "vanished", very interesting kit. I have a special place in my
heart for those things, because one can easily find the botnets owners and
report to their ISP (or whatever) or simply observe it (see how big it is).
During the time after Kingcopes EXIM remote root exploit was released I saw
a few kits appear, the first a energymech mod with a scanner and "spreading"
exploit, another a self contained Perl script that spread itself ala worm.
Within the following months more of the kits appeared, including the ones
that have various "x" and "x2" shell scripts that simply pass args and such
to other scripts - fuck ugly things!

I wonder though, when someone will write some kind of "serious" worm for
*nix servers, some kind of self propegating, multiple spread/infection
method worm, that infects, roots, and iFrames the whole site with malware
spreading nastiness, along with whatever else the evil f*ckers want "roots"
for. Something like Scalper except a bit nastier. Will be a fun day for
malware dissection :)

Content of type "text/html" skipped