Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:05:10 +0200
From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>
To: Michael T <mt2410689@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re:
	“We keep wiping it off, and it keeps coming back”

I'm talking more about their engineers than their network.

If I had my network infected with a virus, I'd immediately deploy some form
of logging/monitoring tool (eg, wireshark).

Honestly, it all sounds like they're employing inexperienced engineers.
Which is again strange, considering the field they're in.

Regarding your bet, see that's already something. Why exactly can't they
verify your bet? It isn't like viruses suddenly became invisible, is it?

I'm just curious to these questions. It's strange to hear someone saying "we
basically have no idea what's going on".

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Michael T <mt2410689@...il.com> wrote:

> It's a network that's 'detached', or 'segregated', or whatevered from the
> rest of the world, so it's 'largely immune to viruses'.  That likely means
> they have:
> 1. NO logging
> 2. NO anti-virus
> 3. NO hardening
>
> The very fact that these systems are on a segregated network means they are
> probably more frail, and more susceptible to viruses, than a normal person's
> laptop.
>
> Immune to viruses...  What a crock of shit.  My bet is that it's coming
> from the planes.
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>wrote:
>
>> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10/virus-hits-drone-fleet/
>>
>> This is news to me.
>>
>> Moreover, I'm a bit confused as to how they don't track how it's coming
>> back.
>> I mean, how is it possible that no one stepped in and analyzed how the
>> virus acts and where it came from?
>>
>> It sounds fish if you ask me.
>>
>> Chris.

Content of type "text/html" skipped