Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:42:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: bugs@....dhs.org
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Symlink vulnerabilities

Aw, Even if you loop and copy a binary continuously into that directory
say bash is bzexe'd.

and our exploit does the following

#!/bin/sh
chmod 777 /etc/shadow

You'll get,

kemical:~# bzexe bash
  bash:     2.214:1,  3.614 bits/byte, 54.83% saved, 700492 in, 316442 out.
kemical:~# ./bash
./bash: line 14: /tmp/bash: is a directory
/bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/bash': Is a directory

kemical:~# ls -l /etc/shadow
-rw-r----- 1 root shadow 1174 2010-12-07 16:49 /etc/shadow

+ /bin/rm -f /tmp/gztmpYCf11e /tmp/bash