Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 19:47:43 -0600
From: adam <adam@...sy.net>
To: Addy Yeow <ayeowch@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Large password list

>>- reduce abuse

The concerning part is that you're serious. Tell me, how does someone
paying for a list of STOLEN passwords reduce abuse?

This email, your obsession with LulzSec and the disclaimer on your site
make it pretty clear where the information is coming from, so what kind of
abuse potential does this have by someone not paying? And who are you to
not only take credit, but also demand payment, for other peoples' efforts?

I'm partly tempted to buy and post the list here just to spite you for
being so idiotic.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Addy Yeow <ayeowch@...il.com> wrote:

> There are many password lists already available for free out in the wild
> but mostly lack the quality.
>
> The minimal fee for UNIQPASS is necessary to help:
> - keep ongoing effort to improve the quality of the list over time
> - ensure frequent updates, i.e. when new leaked databases appear (existing
> users of UNIQPASS get updated copy for free)
> - cover cost of upstream bandwidth, the list is currently at  64MB
> compressed and new versions are likely to only get larger
> - reduce abuse
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <
> lists@...osecurity.ch> wrote:
>
>> On 12/1/11 6:14 PM, Addy Yeow wrote:
>> > I thought some of you may find this large password list useful, over 27
>> > million entries.
>> > http://dazzlepod.com/uniqpass/ (it's a paid list though, at $4.99)
>>
>> Anyone linking a warez version (Why pay $4.99?) ?
>>
>> -naif

Content of type "text/html" skipped