Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 19:21:33 +1100
From: xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com>
To: james@...o-internet.org.uk
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: New awstats.pl vulnerability?

I am really curious as to the motivation of the parties deploying
these types of scans.  I understand that they would like to find
vulnerable systems to compromise... but for what purpose?  S

dor what ?

Mainly the smarter ones, are, not malign, non botters, and dont use
these shit systems to make money but, many poorer countries, this can
make even, a small amount, with rooted boxes also, you have the power
to charge a sip call for example...to an isp...and they would, as
usually..bill it... but, it seems, anything thats new/big, is being
scanned, its simple..one engine, MANY addons :P
siimple formula, to exploit tonnes, of thousdands, of hosts...and, i
have seen many public lists ranging upto 50-100megs of ips all
vuln...fullnily, most of amazon aws 50. range is pwned...phpmyadmini
believe..hehe....wen will ppl learn...security is a MUST, not an item
to be glanced at and, presumed over for 100days..it has to be
fast,responsive,and knows what todo..so,.. buy into immunity :P~~
lol... i know many others are using this to fuzz...great fopr mass
fuzzing to i hear...altho then. acutenix could be obtained freely,
and, made to look pro...so i guess..is lesser of the evils...ones 20
grand with a few addons, ones free... ill take both :P