Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:30:42 -0800
From: Gage Bystrom <themadichib0d@...il.com>
To: "Forristal, Jeff" <jeff.forristal@...el.com>,
	"full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Using hardware to attack software

Well for doing it right you pretty much just did. My main criticisms
involved presentation of your work that I believed could wind up coining
useless buzz words, proliferation of bad terminology, and enforcing
incorrect paradigms.

Your post here clarifies much of that, I just believe it should have been
emphasized in the paper more as to avoid the chances of creating poor buzz
words, bad terminology, etc.

Perhaps refocusing the paper around some sort of 'driver vulnerability
taxonomy', or as you said was intended 'overlooked/poorly understood driver
attacks'. Something along those lines would have been closer to doing it
right, if not nailed it. As is, the paper seems to focus on presenting the
concept of utilizing hardware to beat software, when the meat of the paper
is concerned with driver attack surfaces and what not.

I hope that is clear as I sometimes have a bad habit of rambling.

Content of type "text/html" skipped