Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 03:35:36 -0600
From: Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org>
To: Robert Kim App and Facebook Marketing <evdo.hsdpa@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: when did piracy/theft become expression of
 freedom

On 1/27/2012 3:01 AM, Robert Kim App and Facebook Marketing wrote:
> HAHAHAA...
>
> Well... it's hard to convince people that data piracy is the same as
> physical piracy! The think that if they CAN do somehting... they have
> the RIGHT to DO IT!
>
> As a content producer... I can't stand this sense of entitlement...
> but oh well... I've just gotta tranform with the times i guess!
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org
> <mailto:laurelai@...echan.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/27/2012 2:24 AM, Jerry dePriest wrote:
>>     im going to the 'benz dealer in the morning to express my 1st
>>     amendment right...
>>
>>     The Somalians are learning the hard way that it just isnt so...
>>
>>     bma
>>

>     Theft:  the illegal taking of another person's property without
>     that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the
>     rightful owner of it
>
>     Software copying: Occurs neither on the high seas and does not
>     deprive the rightful owner of it.
>

>     The more you know.
>

> --
> Robert Q Kim
> Technical Chinese Korean English Translator
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QozAHbUS-VU
> 2611 S Coast Highway
> San Diego, CA 92007
> 310 598 1606
Let's not kid ourselves here, you all would download a car if you could
and you know it ;)

That being said I would prefer people *widely use* my software and
donate money to me if they think its worth something, the humble indy
bundles profits are telling in this case. Perhaps if content producers
would change their business model to adapt to modern times instead of
trying to force the world to live in the past software copying wouldn't
be so popular.

Content of type "text/html" skipped