Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 06:21:11 +0000
From: goatropinbastards@...oo.com
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: when did piracy/theft become expression of
	freedom

Saw this subject on the work email.   Follow this list to learn random stuff ans stay informed, so thanks for all your posts and such.

Also do the music thing, and I can tell you that if you ask ten musicians who write and record their own music, you'll get ten different answers.  From personal experience, I don't really care about electronic copies being redistributed for free, but when people sell electronic copies or steal physical copies (that shit gets expensive quick), that's when I get.   pissed.

However, I also feel that if you have an opinion about that, it should be communicated to folks before you give them copies, so my act has a little statement on our website, goatropinbastards.com, that asks the downloader to only uses the stuff for their own personal use.

I can understand artists being pissed if they spend six figures to make a record and such, but when you're a hobbyist making albums on a computer in a tar papershack in the Appalachia, I guess your a little more lax.

Hope that helps with the rights-holder point of view.

FUCK SOPA!!!