Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 05:29:33 -0500
From: Dcdave <dcdave@....net>
To: Kyle Creyts <kyle.creyts@...il.com>
Cc: FunSec List <funsec@...uxbox.org>,
	Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Key Internet operator VeriSign hit by hackers
	[DNS]

There is a turtle-like tendency within the vendors of security solutions to protect themselves against the potential loss of trust in their offerings and subsequent loss of revenue by pretending it didn't happen, keeping it quiet, dissembling, and ignoring rather than discussing a clear plan of mitigation by strengthening their product.

It is into this world that the true security consultant steps, invoice in hand...

:)

Dave Druitt
CSO Infosec Group

'Wag More, Bark Less'
- Jen and Bren, CloudStar
'A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.' -Aesop
'Did you ever feel like God has a finger on the Reset button, waiting?' - dccdave
"using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef" - Tom Robbins
"There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" - Frank Zappa