Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:00:49 +1030
From: Derek <derek@...rock.net>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Linksys Routers still Vulnerable to Wps
	vulnerability.

They should at least consider providing an option to disable the static pin only or disable it after an hour if the future is activated by the user.

Seems to be something that could be included in a future firmware update.

For a vendor to provide another mechanism for a user to get remotely hacked (within wireless TX/RX range) and not address it in a reasonable amount of time, exposes the less technical user, who is was intended to help in the first place.

It would be interesting to see if this feature went through a technical security risk assessment and if so, how the static pin was rationalised for public release.

I setup an isolated vulnerable device and had attack traffic within 2 days of it being activated. I did make the SSID very attractive, but the war drivers are certainly getting out of the house again.

Thanks
Derek