Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:43:22 -0600
From: adam <adam@...sy.net>
To: Jerome Athias <jerome@...peas.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Operation Bring Peace To Machines

According to Gmail:

 Errors or weaknesses in software code are exploited
    by bad guys.

Worse, other villains introduce features
malveuillantes privateurs in their programs. For example,
Windows, MacOS, iOS (in iThings), Flash Player, Kindle,
Playstation 3.

The features called "security" protect users
against third parties, but only free software protects against
developers.

While I mostly agree with the last paragraph, I don't really see the
point of this.

2012/2/18 Jerome Athias <jerome@...peas.com>

>  Sorry that the following text is in french.
> You can probably find a translator to understand it.
>
> Cheers & Take Care
> /JA
>
> -------- Message original --------  Sujet: Re: Operation Bring Peace To
> Machines  Date : Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:54:50 -0500  De : Richard Stallman
> <rms@....org> <rms@....org>  Répondre à : rms@....org  Pour : Jerome
> Athias <jerome@...peas.com> <jerome@...peas.com>
>
>     Les erreurs, ou faiblesses, dans le code des logiciels sont exploitées
>     par des méchants.
>
> Pire encore, d'autres méchants introduisent des fonctionalités
> malveuillantes dans leurs programmes privateurs.  Par exemple,
> Windows, MacOS, iOS (dans les iThings), Flash Player, Kindle,
> Playstation 3.
>
> Les fonctionalités dites « de sécurité » protègent les utilisateurs
> contre les tiers, mais seulement le logiciel libre les protège contre
> les développeurs.
>
> --
> Dr Richard Stallman
> President, Free Software Foundation
> 51 Franklin St
> Boston MA 02110
> USAwww.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
> Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
>   Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/

Content of type "text/html" skipped