Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 23:23:05 +0000
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: Ferenc Kovacs <tyra3l@...il.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	Michael Gray <mgray@...tcode.com>
Subject: Re: Google Accounts Security Vulnerability

It’s you.

Timothy “Thor”  Mullen
www.hammerofgod.com
Thor’s Microsoft Security Bible<http://www.amazon.com/Thors-Microsoft-Security-Bible-Collection/dp/1597495727>

From: Ferenc Kovacs [mailto:tyra3l@...il.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:23 AM
To: Thor (Hammer of God)
Cc: Dan Kaminsky; Michael Gray; full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Google Accounts Security Vulnerability

is it me, or you aren't reading the mails that you are replying to?
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Thor (Hammer of God) <thor@...merofgod.com<mailto:thor@...merofgod.com>> wrote:
I tried, and it didn’t work (couldn’t repro).

None of this matters – if you have username and password, you can check mail via POP3 or IMAP.   Last time I checked, that was “by design.”   If anyone is saying this is some sort of vulnerability because someone “happens across your username and password” then they are in the wrong business.

Michael – for you to make these claims, get Google involved, and post their replies here but refuse to give them your username (which will be on every email you send out) so they can troubleshoot is really a waste of time.

Your initial point of “even the big companies with teams of security experts have security vulnerabilities” seems to shrink a bit when they illustrate concern with the issue yet you refuse to provide the simplest of information.   I not sure what other expectations one would have of an organization.

Timothy “Thor”  Mullen
www.hammerofgod.com<http://www.hammerofgod.com>
Thor’s Microsoft Security Bible<http://www.amazon.com/Thors-Microsoft-Security-Bible-Collection/dp/1597495727>