Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:10:35 -0400
From: "Elazar Broad" <elazar@...hmail.com>
To: "Thor" <thor@...merofgod.com>, "Gage Bystrom" <themadichib0d@...il.com>,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: server security

+1

The less an attacker knows about your infrastructure the better, as long as you are not solely relying on that obscurity to protect said infrastructure. Consider this: the more an attacker has to poke around because your aren't running certain services on their default port, or say disabling client scripting on your .NET Regex validator so that the validation expression isn't exposed in the page, the more noise said attacker is going to make while performing reconnaissance, and the better the chance that they will be detected by any detective controls that are in place.

My .0002

elazar