Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:44:21 +0200
From: Malte Müller <info@...tem.de>
To: Scott Herbert <scott.a.herbert@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, Stephen Billard <stephen@...llard.org>
Subject: Re: Cookie stealing and XSS vulnerable in
	Zenphoto version 1.4.3.2

Hi Scott,

thanks, we always appreciate notes about unfixed issues. We did fix the actual issue reported in the function printPublishIconLink() last time:
> Sanitize the $_GET super global on lines 1637 through 1641 in
> zenpage-admin-functions.php file
We also fixed a few other similar finds in 1.4.3.3. This one is the same issue type indeed but a different find actually we probably somehow missed searching.

Please try the current trunk nightly build and let us know if you find any more issues. The actual official fix will probably have to wait until the next bugfix release beginning November. Note that our chief developer Stephen - I copied him on this mail - is currently unavailable until some time next week.

Best regards,
Malte Müller (acrylian)
--------------------
Zenphoto team
www.zenphoto.org

Am 08.10.2012 um 21:52 schrieb Scott Herbert:

> Well chalk this one up to another learning experience for a novice bug
> hunter, I took the vendors word that it was fixed and didn't check myself.
>
> I've BCC'ed in my contact with zenphoto, so they are aware.
>
> And to my knowledge this issue doesn't currently have a CVE.
>
> Bugger!

>>> 18-Sept-2012 Zenphoto confirmed and fixed (see
>>> http://www.zenphoto.org/trac/changeset/10836).