Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:50:50 -0500
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: "Gregor S." <rc46fi@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: linux rootkit in combination with nginx

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Gregor S. <rc46fi@...glemail.com> wrote:
> More interesting than the rootkit itself is how it found it's way into the
> box.
>
> Chances are that Squeeze has a non-disclosed 0day, and that's worring me a
> bit...
Its based on Linux, so there are probably a lot of non-disclosed 0-days.

Folks like Dan Rosenberg have made a career out of finding Comp Sci
101 bugs because some of the developers are too l33t to use tools and
analysis to find their mistakes. The OS's namesake is too arrogant for
his own good (cf., "GCC is crap",
http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Kernel/2006-11/msg08325.html).

Jeff