Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 17:58:20 +0000
From: John Cartwright <johnc@...k.org.uk>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Administrivia: FD Returns

Hi

First of all, I should apologise for the recent outage, which was
caused by a variety of factors including server problems and
complications with DNS caused largely by myself.  Things are hopefully
now back to normal and the backlog seems to have cleared. I thought
I'd give it a day or two before claiming everything was working
again...

Secondly, I've been doing a bit of housekeeping which seems to have
raised a few eyebrows, so I will clarify re the perceived change from
'unmoderated' to 'lightly-moderated': this change happened three years
ago.  I just felt it was time to update the website/list description
to reflect this - in reality we're continuing in a 'business as usual'
fashion.

I took advantage of the outage to write a FAQ for the list which
attempts to explain the stance on moderation as well as a few other
things that I've found to be commonly misunderstood.  You can read it
at http://www.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure/fdfaq.html. I hope you will
find it useful.

I've also spent some time looking at how the popular search engines
interact with the list archives and have taken a number of steps to
make them more accessible, such as the automatic generation of sitemap
data.  Once the bots have finished crawling the list archives it
should be easier to find stuff as a result.

Finally, I've been tweaking the email delivery to try to speed things
up in some cases, so do let me know if you experience any problems.

Cheers
- John