Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:18:01 +0000 (GMT)
From: Hurgel Bumpf <l0rd_lunatic@...oo.com>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Deutsche Post Security Cup 2013

if you have a look at the jury, you see some guy from Computer Bild. This is a magazine for the broad mass and the everyday computer user (who is impressed by registry tricks and free software)..

Computer Bild is not that known for very in-depth security knowledge. I mean, if you have a sophisticated security question, Computer Bild is like the last place to look for.

If they had at least choosen someone from Heise Security or Chaos Computer Club (i don't like their attitude but they have some competent members). These two are known for dealing with security every day.

So then why Computer Bild ?

Computer Bild is a part of the Springer press, which is the most powerful publishing company here in Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Springer_AG

If they write "it's good", everybody will believe that. And they have a lot of mediums to propagate that information in "the right way", even if they are wrong ( Nice German site publishing all errors by Bild http://www.bildblog.de/ ;-)

I really don't want to presume something but it's somehow obvious.

Coman the Intensivecareian