Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 08:48:27 +0200
From: phocean <0x90@...cean.net>
To: "Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
Cc: Full-Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: VUPEN Security Research - Adobe Flash Player
	RTMP Data Processing Object Confusion (CVE-2013-2555)

Guys,

There will be always mistakes, thus we, security guys, will always have a job. That's life, that's human nature.
The best solution would be to rely as little as possible on humans, as with the use of "safe languages". But yet, there can be functional flaws.

Something you can't ask to all companies though: add more processes or hire more people, especially competent ones. Because there is a cost on all that. In some areas, it is even difficult to find a developper on the market, so a decent one or more, a security guy...

So in theory, I agree with you, but in practice, it is too idealistic: we have the folks we have and we need business (and small companies taking risks and making errors).

-----
phocean