Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:51:03 -0400
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: Jann Horn <jann@...jh.net>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: How do I contact Vodafone Security?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Jann Horn <jann@...jh.net> wrote:
> does anyone know how I can contact Vodafone Security (preferably a
> Germany-specific group because I have no idea whether the issue
> affects people in other countries, too)?
>
> I sent a mail to security@...afone.de and it didn't bounce (in case
> someone from Vodafone is reading this...
I usually use both secure@...mple.com and security@...mple.com. One is
specified in an RFC (see below), the other was popularized by
Microsoft around the same time the RFC was being assembled.

There are few other addresses published in RFC2142
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt). I usually try them too for good
measure.

You also have the Technical and Administrative contacts from the WHOIS
database (http://whois.domaintools.com/vodafone.de).

> Well, I tried phoning them first (01721212), but the helpdesk person told
> me she'd need my password for that (of which I currently don't know
> where exactly it is).
That sounds like Dell and their call routing system (Dell did the same
to me a few years ago when trying to report some issues). Are they
using the same outsourcing firm???

I think the extra effort to contact the company through well known
email addresses and WHOIS contact is a courtesy and due diligence, so
good job on that. But face it - if Vodafone were going to acknowledge
or respond, it would have happened by now. So you get the 0-day effect
with a free conscious.

Jeff