Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:40:53 +0100
From: Tony Naggs <tonynaggs@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: DC4420 - London DEFCON - May meet - Tuesday 28th
	May 2013

[Repost, as my first try seems to be caught in the moderation queue
due to gmail / googlemail spelling issues.]

The theme of the month is crypto, with 2 great talks for you ...

Primary Speaker:

Bjoern Paul Richard Schwabe, Freelancer

Title:

"Encryption in the cloud"

Synopsis:

SaaS cloud models for data storage such as Dropbox and Box have been
around for a long time. Zero-Knowledge SaaS did not get much attention
in the media and public, even though many ToC of traditional SaaS hold
sentences like these: "...In these cases,  will remove ’s encryption
from the files before providing them to law enforcement.". What can we
do about it ? What is the hype about MEGA's security practice?

I have devoted my Bsc. IT Security and Computer Forensics final year
project towards this issue and analysed different contestants,
including MEGA's JS files and API to come up with practical solution.
I would like to present my result with an one hour talk covering the
areas of: an introduction to cryptography to understand the concept's
cipher and the usage of them as well as the concept that will not give
service providers the chance to decrypt user's data.

~~~

Secondary Speaker:

Craig Heath, Franklin Heath Ltd

Title:

"Security Lessons from Bletchley Park and Enigma"

Synopsis:

A brief review of how the Enigma machine works, how it was broken,
and how security people keep making similar mistakes today.

***

Venue:

The Phoenix, Cavendish Square

http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

Tuesday 28th May, 2013

Time:

17:30 till kicking out - talk starts at 19:30

Entry is free, see you there!

http://dc4420.org

Cheers,
Tony