Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:36:55 -0400
From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@...nsource.dyc.edu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: No Directory Traversal Vulnerability in sthttpd

Hi everyone,

I've gotten reports from a couple of directions now regarding Metropolis
Hexor's directory traversal attack against thttpd 2.25b [1].  Since I'm
maintaining sthttpd, a fork of thttpd [2], I thought I'd better let
people know that the exploit does not affect sthttpd.  Several people
have tried and just can't trigger it.  sthttpd has about a dozen patches
that have accumulated over the years (one reason for the fork) and one
of those is the fix.

Please play with the code base [3] and report problems (or better yet,
submit patches) and I will address them issues.

I'm not on the list so please cc me.

Refs.

   [1] http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/May/106
   [2] http://opensource.dyc.edu/sthttpd