Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:07:57 +0002
From: Sven Slootweg <admin@...to.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: SolusVM WHMCS module privilege escalation,
	also libcurl vuln?

Ran across a new post on a blog I frequently visit:
http://localhost.re/p/solusvm-whmcs-module-316-vulnerability

It describes a privilege escalation vulnerability in the WHMCS module
for SolusVM that basically lets you do anything, but if I'm reading it
correctly, it appears to be a result of a vulnerability - or at the
very least weakness - in the implementation of libcurl; in particular,
weak randomness in generating the form boundary.

Thoughts?

Note: I'm not the author of this exploit (it's actually quite a bit
beyond my capabilities), I just ran across it and decided to post here
since it doesn't seem to be discussed anywhere. Just to avoid people
making incorrect assumptions... again :)

- Sven Slootweg

Content of type "text/html" skipped