Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:58:41 -0300
From: Luther Blissett <lblissett@...anoici.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Who's behind limestonenetworks.com AKA DDoS
 on polipo(8123)

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 19:31 +0200, Jann Horn wrote:

> Let me google that for you. Hmm. Assigned to "Polipo Web proxy". So maybe
> someone tried to connect to them through your exit node and they do proxyscans
> on people who connect to them?

Sorry but I did not understand this. I had already said it was attempt
on polipo. What exactly was so dumb in my phrasing that required you to
rephrase it?

> > Before the packet storm,
>
> Oooh, a storm!

Ok, maybe it was just a light wind and my system is the most laughable
one.

> Maybe your disk is just broken?

This may very well be the case. I'll recheck for badblocks. The disk is
a few years old.

> Your systems were impacted by a DoS attack with 30 packets per second? You might
> want to upgrade to hardware that is a few decades newer.

I answered this on the other reply. It is certainly weird.

> > 74.63.255.118: 248
> > 216.245.193.201: 235
> > 208.115.232.205: 231
> > 74.63.255.119: 225
> > 216.245.193.200: 219
> [...]
> > O=TCP SPT=2216 : 1
>
> You were attacked by "O=TCP SPT=2216"? Cool story.

I'm glad you flagged this. I made up some quick dirty code to parse log
messages and though it seems to have worked fine on most lines, this one
got wrong on the regex. Thank you.