Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 17:46:37 -0400
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: "G. S. McNamara" <main@...cnamara.com>
Cc: Full Disclosure List <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Django] Cookie-based session storage session
 invalidation issue

> Again, the behavior is a surprise to most developers.

If it surprises developers, then what do you think it does to
unsuspecting users?

It's akin to a builder installing a lock on a house that does not
work, and the builder not telling the home owner.

Its already game over, whether its documented or not. Perhaps the
Django developers should take time to read Peter Gutmann's Engineering
Security (www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/book.pdf) or Ross
Anderson's Security Engineering (www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html‎).

Jeff