Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:41:16 -0500
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: Full Disclosure List <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
 BugTraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Another Apple Security Failure (Apple Mail on the
	iPhone)....

My iPhone does not store sensitive information. Its a phone an music
player only. (I'm not sure it could save sensitive information if I
needed it, as the following demonstrates).

About 6 weeks ago, a colleague was having trouble adding an email
account to his iPhone and sending email. I allowed him to add his
account to my iPhone for testing. After testing, we deleted the
account.

My colleague was having trouble with Apple iPhone mail again this
week. This time, I added my account to the phone. I used my account
because he's remote and I don't want his password. Note: we use the
same incoming and outgoing email servers.

After running the setup wizard, my outgoing server was populated with
his email credentials - both username and password.

So much for deleting that username and password about 6 weeks ago.