Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 00:54:49 -0500
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: silence_is_best@...hmail.com
Cc: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: iCloud and privacy...last word

And don't forget Apple's own lawyers tell us it can't be trusted:

A layman’s analysis of License Agreements and Terms and Conditions
reveals how little security is afforded to your documents in cloud
storage and backup to the cloud. For those who don’t read them, one
popular platform has 142 separate documents covering Terms of
Conditions for its cloud alone.[1] The documents discuss your rights
if the company (1) gives away your data, (2) shares you data with
partners, (3) looses your data, (4) provides your data to authorities
(sometimes without an order or warrant), (5) does not provide
reasonable skill or care, (6) commits willful misconduct or fraud, and
(7) acts with negligence or gross negligence. “Your rights” is
misleading since it is consent, and the document effectively states
you indemnify the company: “You agree to defend, indemnify and hold
Apple, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees,
agents, partners, contractors, and licensors harmless from any claim
or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by a third
party.”[2]

[1] iCloud Terms and Conditions,
https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/icloud/ww/

[2] iCLOUD TERMS AND CONDITIONS,