Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:25:26 +0100
From: Michael von Dach <michael.vondach@...ikedown.ch>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Cc: ICSS Security <ctrlaltdelete@...look.pt>
Subject: Re: Any not annoying help welcome

Hey there

It is a bit difficult to understand what exactly you want to do. But I
guess you want to capture some Android traffic via your router.

Regarding your questions:

1) If you did setup a mirroring/monitoring port on your router you'll be
able to capture all the traffic on the router. The problem here is that
you will of course not be able to see encrypted traffic.

2.) If you want to monitor an apk there is an easier way to do this,
assuming the apk is generating http/https traffic. Go ahead and download
ZAP (Zed Attack Proxy) from OWASP. Then define ZAP as web proxy on the
android device and import the SSL-Certificate generated by ZAP on the
Android device. This way you'll not only be able to decrypt all the
https traffice but also to modify/resend it.
(There are some problems when it comes to defining proxys on Android
devices. I tested the above method successfully on iOS devices.)

I hope this helps

Cheers,
Mike