Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 04:36:52 -0800
From: coderman <coderman@...il.com>
To: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Cc: debian-security-announce@...ts.debian.org
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2833-1] openssl security
	update

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@...ian.org> wrote:
> ... In addition this update [...]
> no longer uses the RdRand feature available on some
> Intel CPUs as a sole source of entropy unless explicitly requested.

no CVE for the oops you were entirely dependent on RDRAND issue,
 predictable.

no release from OpenSSL with fix either? ... hard to check right now,
i think their site had some issues lately. *cough*

no list of affected packages, who may have generated potentially week
long-lived keys if a future leak or other incident identifies RDRAND
as mass produced and distributed vulnerable to attacks against key
space / DRBG output.

i know we're all fucked six ways to sunday[0],
 but is that sufficient excuse to slack off or conveniently shy away?

best regards,

0. "QFIRE Pilot Lead"
  http://cryptome.org/2013/12/nsa-qfire.pdf
extrapolate QFIRE, BULLRUN, QUANTUM* to FY 2013
 and it is hard not to feel a bit hopeless...
  ... must find a way to detao ourselves!