Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:07:20 -0700
From: Fyodor <fyodor@...p.org>
Subject: [FD] Administrivia: A Fresh Start

It hasn't even been a week since John quit running the Full-Disclosure list
and I already miss it!  He did a great job managing the list for almost 12
years and more than 91,500 posts.  We certainly owe him our thanks and
appreciation.

When I mailed John recently asking how I could help, he said he was through
with the list but "if you want to start a replacement, go for it."  So here
we are.  I already deal with (or ignore) many legal threats and removal
demands since I've long run the most popular Full Disclosure web archive (
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/), and I already run mail servers and
Mailman software for my other lists (like Nmap dev and Nmap announce).  I
love the Full Disclosure philosophy and movement, so I've started a new
list!  Here is the announcement and mailman page:

http://insecure.org/news/fulldisclosure/

While this is a successor list in spirit, it is also a fresh start in that
the old userbase won't carry over.  Anyone who wants to continue with the
list needs to resubscribe at one of the URLs above.

If I can do this for as long as John did, and with anywhere near his skill,
I will consider it a success.  I'll recruit a team of volunteer moderators
from the active list members because this needs to be run by and for the
community!

Cheers,
Fyodor