Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 21:05:14 +0200
From: Ryan Dewhurst <ryandewhurst@...il.com>
To: Andres Riancho <andres.riancho@...il.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Legality of Open Source Tools

I believe Germany passed a law about exploits and/or "security tools". Also
in the UK, some of the amendments to the CMA has a statement about
distributing "articles" which some believe also includes software. I don't
know of any case in the UK though where someone has gotten into trouble
with this. I *believe* it is taken pretty seriously in Germany though.

Having released a few Open Source tools myself, I can confirm that I've
never had a legal threat of this nature. Although adding a disclaimer like
Andres's is a wise move.