Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:09:38 +0200
From: Pete Herzog <lists@...com.org>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] So You Like Pain and Vulnerability Management? New Article.

"Hi, I’m your friend and security researcher, Pete Herzog. You might
know me from other public service announcements such as the widely
anticipated, upcoming workshop Secrets of Security, and critic’s
choice award winners: Teaching Your Teen to Hack Police Cars, and
Help! My Monkey is Posting Pictures to Facebook!

But I’m here today to take a moment and talk to you about the pain of
neglect, isolation, abuse, and infection, better known as
“vulnerability management”. In many ways vulnerability management can
be part of a healthy system and over-all good security. But there’s
many important differences between vulnerability management and
security that you should know about:"

That's how my new article starts. 5 points on the pain of
vulnerability management and how to make it hurt less. It's posted
here:

http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/vulnerability-management/so-you-like-pain-and-vulnerability-management/

Feel free to discuss with me on Twitter @peteherzog and #securitypain
and #helpmymonkeyispostingpicturestofacebook ;)

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete@...com.org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies