Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:30:33 +0200
From: Milos Krasojevic <milobit@...ons.org>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Call For Papers for 2nd Balkan Computer Congress - BalCCon2k14

Call for Papers for 2nd Balkan Computer Congress – BalCCon2k14

05|06|07 September 2014, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth,
Milky Way

The BalCCon2k14 staff are now soliciting papers to be presented at our
BalCCon2k4 Congress to be held 05 - 07th September in Novi Sad, Serbia.
The CfP in open until 1st July 2014.

The Event:

Balkan Computer Congress has been conceptualized as a three days
gathering of the international hacker community in the organization of
LUGoNS – Linux Users Group of Novi Sad and Wau Holland foundation from
Hamburg and Berlin. The first part of the program has been envisaged
to be a set of presentations, workshops and lectures on the current
topics regarding privacy, technology, software development, free
software & socio-political issues. Hands-on projects and hacking have
been planned for the second part of the program. We admire and tend to
find a role model in the large scale conferences such as Chaos
Communication Congress, organized by the Chaos Computer Club (CCC).
The Location:

Novi Sad is the centre of Vojvodina, northern province of Serbia,
famous for its multicultural history and active artistic and
technological scene (e.g. music festival Exit and digital-media event
Share). With a prestige night life combined with the warm and
welcoming character, Novi Sad offers inexpensive prices for lodging
and dining, compared to the neighboring EU. If you’re in Novi Sad, or
somewhere in the neighborhood, during these dates, this is the place
you want to be!
Our Goal:

Our goal is to gather all the communities from the region, continent
and the World in an effort to hack, play, learn, pass knowledge and
exchange experience. BalCCon aims to become the central hacker
community in South East Balkan, as well as to provide the opportunity
for all the people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate.

Having said that, we would like to invite you to make and send us
proposals for talks, lectures and workshops on all topics of
relevance. As a suggestion, we would love to see things about:

    Free Software
    Electronics & Microcontrollers – things like Arduino’s, ARM,
RaspberryPi, etc
    Hardware / Embedded Reverse Engineering
    Mobile Communications (LTE/3G/GPRS/HSDPA etc)
    RFiD, Bluetooth and NFC
    Network Security
    Software Security
    Programming Languages
    Hardware security & lockpicking
    Next Generation Application Development
    Cryptography, Cryptanalysis and Crypto-politics
    Social Engineering
    Robotics – humanoid, football playing, autonomous vehicles,
(armed) drones
    Forensics and Anti-Forensics
    Clouds – hacking, breaking, unexpected usage
    Future or No Future of IT Security – state of fail, new concepts
and methods, implications for society and infrastructure
    Net and Device Neutrality – ownership, censorship, circumvention
and the politics of de-facto standards, search engine politics
    Revolutions and Hacktivism
    Transparency and Participation in Politics and Governance
    Copyright and Patents – the war on file-sharing, alternatives to
the current system

Submission Guidelines

For Talks, Lectures and Workshops:

Please submit a meaningful and complete description which will give us
an insight on the key points of your presentation. We prefere quality
over quantity, which will be evaluated based on the proposal you send
us. Also, have in mind that other people might submit a talk on the
same topic, so give us a reason to consider your presentation unique.
Feel free to include some facts about yourself and the things that
motivate you. It is not necessary for your talk to be the first of its
kind, it may have been presented at other conferences, however please
make sure that its content is up to date.

We will also consider new and first time presenters, so that anyone
can get his/her foot in the door. Don’t be shy, just say “It’s one of
my first conf submission”, and we’ll be kind.

Lectures should not exceed 45 minutes, plus up to 15 minutes for Q&A.
Longer time slots are possible if we feel the topic demands it (please
tell us if necessary). Please indicate the length of your presentation
clearly on your submission.
Language of the Presentation:

BalCCon is an international congress, therefore your submissions
should be in English. It is expected that we will have participants
from all over the World, so it is important to have a common language.
Travel Expenses:

The Balkan Computer Congress is a non-profit oriented event and
speakers are not paid. However, financial help on accommodation may be
possible, within our means, for all accepted submissions. Don’t be shy
and state your requirements in the application when submitting your
proposal.
How to Submit?

Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions
regarding your submission, feel free to contact us at cfp at balccon.org.

    By Email:

    Email your submission to: cfp at balccon.org.
    Email subject should be: CFP BalCCon2k14 – Paper Title
    Email Body:
    Personal Information:
    Speaker Name:
    Company/Organization (optional):
    Country:
    Contact Number (optional):
    Speaker Profile: (max 1000 words)(optional)
    Presentation Details:
    Name/Title of the Presentation:
    Paper Abstract: (max 3000 words)
    Presentation Time Required (20, 30, 50 Minutes)
    Is there any demonstration? Yes or No

Other Needs & Requirements:

Do you need any special equipment?

    If you have any other requirements, please mention it here and the
reason.

All submissions will be reviewed by our Program Committee. Authors
will be notified upon acceptance of their talk.
Dates and Deadlines:

    July 1st, 2014 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
    July 15th, 2014: Final notification of acceptance
    September 5th – 7th, 2014: BalCCon – Balkan Computer Congress

All submissions will be judged equally, disregarding race and gender.
Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program or
disregard any proposal if found inappropriate for this congress.