Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:41:35 -0400
From: freddielarge@...k.li
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Iron Mountain doesn't take physical security seriously

Went down into my office's lobby today and saw a few dozen boxes of
confidential papers belonging to another company sitting there unguarded
and not secured. The Iron Mountain guys were out front, but weren't
keeping an eye on the boxes at all. I was able to open the boxes and
snap a few pictures of the file labels for evidence. There were old
employee records, I-9s, all sorts of very confidential stuff just
sitting there in the lobby. Came back an hour or so later from lunch and
some of the boxes were still there with nobody watching them.

http://i.imgur.com/YvZKBb6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9bTDrRE.jpg

Very disturbing to see this kind of mistake in a well-known security
company.