Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:45:57 +0200
From: Yoann Gini <yoann.gini@...il.com>
To: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...lounge.net>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] AV scan on read vs write debate....

Le 30 juin 2014 à 01:48, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...lounge.net> a écrit :

> but if you are talk with Apple "the OS is secure" priests
> forget it, they are learning resistent

This is not true anymore. Any Apple representative wont tell you that nowadays. Even more, Apple has a small antivirus builtin in the system. But signatures based, focused on major OS X threats. No heuristics, no detection of windows malwares.

Le 30 juin 2014 à 01:38, Exibar <exibar@...lair.com> a écrit :

> they claim they have a huge performance
> improvement with scan on read turned off...

This is also true. Sadly. I work only on Apple products (and I use antivirus), I never seen a good product who don’t slow down the computer as shit.

From a sys admin perspective, Antivirus editors don’t take the Mac seriously, their product are slow and sometime published with too much bug inside. That don’t help Mac users to have any trust in it…
Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (4806 bytes)