Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 00:07:28 +0200
From: Black Arch <blackarchlinux@...il.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] BlackArch Linux: New ISOs and more.

Dear list,

Today, we released new BlackArch Linux ISOs including more than 1000
tools and lots of improvements. Also, the armv6h and armv7h repositories
are filled with about 1000 tools.

A short ChangeLog:
    - added new gtk theme
    - added more locales for lxdm and system
    - replaced wallpaper and logos
    - added bash completions
    - added exploits to /usr/share/exploits using sploitctl
    - added a bunch of new tools / updated tools (more than 1000)
    - added new packages with help flags to each wm's menus
    - added missing users and groups in /etc/passwd and /etc/group

We wanted to say "thank you" to all users and supporters of BlackArch Linux
who
contributed, donated and motivated us for testings, fixes and improvements.

You can download the new ISO files here:
http://www.blackarch.org/download.html

If you are new to BlackArch read the short Description below:

[ DESCRIPTION ]

BlackArch Linux is an Arch-based GNU/Linux distribution for pentesters
and security researchers. The BlackArch package repository is compatible
with existing Arch installs.

Here is our website: http://www.blackarch.org/

Here are some of BlackArch's features:

    - Support for i686, x86_64, armv6h and armv7h architectures
    - Over 1000 tools (constantly increasing)
    - Modular package groups
    - A live ISO with multiple window managers, including dwm, fluxbox,
      openbox, awesome, wmii, i3 and spectrwm.
    - An optional installer with the ability to build from source.

We are working on:

    - Updates of our Guide: http://blackarch.org/guide.html
    - A little wiki: https://github.com/blackarch/blackarch-wiki
    - Persistence version of our ISOs with encrypted root filesystem
    - New version of our automation framework, sn00p
      ( http://nullsecurity.net/tools/automation.html )
    - Improvements to our website

We mostly work on BlackArch for our personal use. We share it in the
hopes that you will contribute by reporting bugs and sharing tools and
ideas.

We have a relaxed development structure. We welcome pull requests of all
sizes through any means, including Github[0] and email[1].

Also see our Twitter account[2] and IRC channel[3]. Although BlackArch
is the primary topic in the IRC channel, we also have pleasant
conversations about other things. Come join us. It's a happy place. And,
one day, I will drop a 0day there with no warning.

[0] http://www.github.com/BlackArch/
[1] blackarchlinux () gmail com
[2] https://twitter.com/blackarchlinux
[3] irc://irc.freenode.net/blackarch